Johannesburg, 1 September 2021 – Some 22 million South Africans shopped online in 2020.
At current uptake levels, that figure is expected to grow by 44% to 32 million annual users in 2024, according to Deloitte Digital’s 2021 Digital Commerce Acceleration report.
The unprecedented migration to online shopping, driven largely by Covid-19 and lockdowns, is echoed around the world.
In the United States, for example, smartphone retail e-commerce sales are projected to surpass $432-billion (R6.4-trillion) in 2022, a massive spike from the $148-billion recorded in 2018.
The Deloitte study, which took the form of a survey of thousands of local consumers, found that among the most popular categories online are clothing and footwear.
This trend has prompted fashion retailers to up their game if they are to compete in the online space. It also has the knock-on effect of offering excellent deals to digital consumers.
Leading global smartphone brand itel, the third best-selling smartphone in Africa, understands consumers’ need to be price-savvy to get the best for less.
Says Wavelet Wu, General Manager of itel: “We believe that by providing consumers with efficient mobile communication, quality product and reliable service, we can allow more people to get connected with the world in an efficient way.
“We are making inroads to connect itel with the local consumers. South Africans love their fashion and looking good, and we want to make sure that they always have easy and ample access to the brands they trust.”
August was Women’s Month, and with spring and warmer days just around the corner, South African women are rightly taking advantage of deals being offered by online clothing retailers.
Gone are the days when dressing cute, classy or trendy had to be expensive, as there is now a world of possibility in the digital consumer space. And with the right smartphone, shopping has never been easier.
Why it’s best using your smartphone
● Easy to browse;
● Quicker access to deals;
● Clothing apps often offer special offers, like discount codes, free delivery etc. when buying on the app; and
● Budget friendly
Budget shopping tips:
Dressing well on a budget involves both smart shopping and smart styling – you want to look fresh without breaking the bank.
• Look for fun, affordable, on-trend pieces that you can mix and match with your daily classics. For example, skinny jeans can be dressed up for a night out with an oversized blouse and statement studded heels, or dressed down with a pair of chunky sneakers.
• Use your smartphone to go online window shopping for inspiration. Look for pieces you will wear more than once.
• Set a budget and stick to it, don’t overspend on seasonal trend pieces.
• Look at end-of-season ranges and clearance sales. You will save a ton of money.
Fashion is all about practicality and adaptability so it’s time to get out of your pyjamas and get into the romance of spring.
• This season is all about bright hues and fancy relaxed styles – wearing one bright item and keeping the rest of the look muted is always key.
• Gender neutral pieces are easy, adaptable and can be mixed and matched, regardless of your gender.
• Loungewear, which came to prominence under lockdown, is here to stay but with a twist. The lounge shades are updated, volume is added, and styles can be worn both inside and outside the house.
• Prints are larger, louder and demand attention
Itel’s Vision1 Pro smartphone, recently launched in South Africa, is ideal for browsing hot-to-trot fashion items.
The smartphone is powered by AndroidTM 10 Go, with a 32GB storage memory and 2GB RAM which will give you more space to store all your fashion ideas’ screenshots.
“The 6.5 inches, high definition, waterdrop fullscreen display is also designed to optimise the user viewing experience. The needs of consumers are consistently changing and brands need to evolve with them to grow the market,” concludes Wu.
Established over 10 years, itel is an entry level and reliable mobile phone brand for everyone. Adopting “Enjoy Better Life” as its brand philosophy, itel’s mission is to provide budget-friendly mobile communications technology to everyone. It democratises technology by giving entry to technology and connectedness to consumers without prior access to it, allowing them to get closer and benefit from their social connections. After more than 10 years’ development, itel has expanded its presence in more than 50 emerging markets globally. Transsion is the owner of global premier mobile brand Tecno Mobile, a partner of British football giant Manchester City.
For more information, please visit: http://www.itel-mobile.com/global/
Issued by Craig Dummett on behalf of Transsion:
+27 (0) 820724103 or +27 (0) 214182466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org